THURSDAY, MARCH 12 - WILDFIRE SEASON IS COMING - ARE YOU READY?
10 a.m.-12 p.m.
Padmasambhava Peace Institute (PPI)
23125 Fort Ross Rd., Cazadero
We all share the responsibility to be prepared for wildfires. Learn what you can do on your own and what we are doing as a community to reduce wildfire risks.
- Community Fuels Reduction Projects: *Judy Rosales, Coast Ridge Community Forest
- CAL FIRE grant proposal - Roadside fuels removal on 21 miles of ranch roads benefitting Navarro, Gualala, and Sea View Ranches, and Blue Jay Rd.
- Shanti Edwards, Sonoma Land Trust
- Shaded fuel breaks on Pole Mountain and Little Black Mountain
- *Brook Edwards, The Wildlands Conservancy
- Shaded fuel breaks and prescribed burns on the Jenner Headlands Preserve
- Reducing Ignition Risks On And Near The Home:
- Caerleon Safford, Fire Safe Sonoma & County of Sonoma-Permit Sonoma
- Getting Ready For Wildfire Season:
- Marshall Turbeville, CAL FIRE
This free workshop is part of ongoing activities and collaborations as we
move toward collectively creating a fire-resilient landscape. Registration
online at CoastRidgeCommunityForest.org is encouraged but not required.
Information - Wanda Swenson, firstname.lastname@example.org